The Petroleum Authority of Uganda has developed a National Supplier Database (NSD), a register of entities and persons with interest to provide goods, works, and services to the oil and gas sector in Uganda.
We’re privileged at Othware to be part of the qualified suppliers, with ID no. NS-15044/2023/4024. It’s at the center of Othware’s interest and policies to support local content promotion in all our areas of operation, which is in line with the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act, 2013
Act No.3 of 2013.
The 2018 National Content Policy For the Petroleum Subsector in Uganda defines it as ‘the value added or created in the Ugandan economy through the employment of Ugandan workers and the use of goods produced or available in Uganda and services provided by Ugandan citizens and enterprises.
National Content therefore relates to sustainable value addition to Uganda. In line with this definition, Othware aims to maximize National Content through:
- the employment and training of Ugandans;
- the provision of goods and services by Ugandan companies, Ugandan
citizens and registered entities;
- the transfer of knowledge and technology to Ugandan companies,
Ugandan citizens and registered entities;
- the provision of support to Ugandan companies, Ugandan citizens and
- the investment and the promotion of cooperation in education, training,
research and enterprise development;
Find the full list of qualified companies here.
Tech Evangelist and Business Developer.
I love connecting with nature